Tuesday 22 March 2016

Current Favourites


So it's been a good few months since I last wrote on of these posts and due to me having a bit of a stressful couple of weeks (I'm very much looking forward to the long weekend!), I figured it was high time to talk about some things that I've been really enjoying.

B. Pure Micellar Water
I've been a little wary of the micellar water hype that has swept the entire internet, but as I'm running out of my favourite make-up cleanser (Soap & Glory's Peaches & Clean) I was looking out for a slightly cheaper product to do the job. This was reduced in Superdrug to just £2.45, so it seemed like a bit of a no-brainer to pick up. And it is truly fab. Just a few drops on a cotton pad got rid of all my face make-up. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on the B. range at Superdrug which is pretty reasonably priced and all entirely Cruelty Free which is nice.

Township App
So this is possibly the first app I've been properly addicted to since the heady early days of Candy Crush. I first heard about this in Emma Pickles' February Favourites, downloaded it, and have been contently harvesting wheat and wool ever since. It's essentially a kind of town-building game, where you begin with a farming community & essentially work on growing into more of a thriving city. There's even a zoo that you unlock at some point, making it kind of a blend of SimCity and Zoo Tycoon (two of my favourite games growing up).

(I'm now on about level 20...)
Amazon Fire TV Stick
This was actually a birthday present from my brother (the first present he's bought me a) out of his own money & b) without any prodding from my Mum) and it's great. For those of you who don't know, it essentially turns your TV into a smart TV, meaning you can watch all the on-demand channels, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video through your TV. It's been great for me to finally finish off watching series I've started on Netflix when I'm eating dinner rather than watching an episode of Come Dine with Me for the hundredth time.

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
I've had my eye on this foundation since it came out, and I believe it was Gemma's review that really cemented it as something that I wanted to buy. I tend to be a high street girl for all things make-up, but asked for a Debenhams gift card for my birthday so I could finally pick this up. It's really natural looking on the skin and feels really light too despite giving good coverage and being really blendable with my concealers. The only downside is that it doesn't really wear as well as my usual work day foundation (Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation) even when 'set' with powder, so I am on a mission to find a decent (and not crazy expensive) primer-so if you have any recommendations please let me know!

Clipper Lemon & Green Tea
I'd completely forgotten how much I enjoyed green tea. Whilst I do quite like the subtle taste of standard green tea, this with a hint of lemon is even more tasty and is really refreshing. While I do, of course, love standard English Breakfast tea there's something just weirdly calming about having some green tea in the evening.

Marks & Spencer Lemon Curd & Almond Shortbread
Another birthday present which I have made me way through was this tin of shortbread. These are so good. I'm not sure if they're still available in store (my birthday was Mother's Day so they may have been a limited gift purchase) but if they are I recommend grabbing a pack. Lemon curd and almond didn't sound like a 'normal' combination, but the tangy lemon and almond texture just works. Trust me.

What have you been loving recently?

Amy
Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment