Wednesday 30 December 2015

The Best Bits of 2015


2015 has been a bit of a weird year; it's bought with it some really exciting things but also some less great things; especially in terms of world events. But I thought I'd do a quick run-down of my favourite moments that happened this year.

Day-trip to Chatsworth


I wrote an entire post about visiting the ground of Chatsworth back in April, when it felt like half the country decided to descend upon Derbyshire. I do need to go back to see the inside of the house, but it was very cool to see a building which feels familiar from it frequently turning up in costume dramas (notably as Mr Darcy's home in Pride & Prejudice).

Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour


It's no secret on this blog that I am a massive fan of Taylor Swift, and I have really enjoyed her 1989 album, so it was awesome to see her live. Her concert is currently available on Apple Music and I recommend checking it out if you enjoy her music, because the evening was so much fun and Swift really works hard to put on a really great show. I came out of the evening totally buzzing.

A Week in Italy


I wrote a whole load of posts about my return trip to Italy (start here) this year but I really loved it. Beautiful weather, beautiful food, completely beautiful country and no one stole my luggage this time.

Moving to Birmingham


After almost a year of living at home after I graduated from the University of Birmingham, this year saw me get to move out and back to the city that I really fell in love with during my time at uni. It's so nice to have my own space, and whilst I could do without the financial downsides to being independent (council tax, utility bills, TV licence bills...) I've loved living somewhere as buzzy and lively as Birmingham.

Starting a new job


Going hand-in-hand with my moving away, I also started a new full-time job. Whilst I'm not going to talk too much about that for obvious reasons, it's been an endlessly interesting five months.

Rediscovering Ballet


I've always been a little obsessed with ballet; growing up I tried to teach myself via a Dorothy Kingsley book. However, I haven't seen as much as I would have liked so I finally took advantage of living in a city with its own ballet company. I have watched two productions so far (Swan Lake and Themes & Variations) and had the best time. I'm very keen to see more in 2016.

Mumford & Sons Wilder Mind Tour
I did write an entire post on this fairly recently, but I will just say that Mumford & Sons are probably one of my favourite bands to see live. I had the best time, especially as they played 'Ghosts That We Knew' which is one of my favourite songs.

A Weekend in Bath


Again, I mentioned my trip to Bath fairly recently, but I was so happy to finally visit a city that I've heard so much about. It was really nice to catch-up with my friends from school, drink mulled wine and see that bridge from Les Mis.

Christmas


I love Christmas. Even though I didn't feel completely festive this December, from the minute I got on the train home I was very excited. We spent Christmas Eve until the day after Boxing Day down at my grandparents who live near Lymington. It's one of my favourite places, I love that you can just walk to the sea, and my Nan makes a mean Christmas dinner. I was thoroughly spoiled and am currently enjoying those few days between Christmas and New Year where nothing really happens (as someone who has worked throughout this period for the past 3 years, this is a real treat).

Hope you had a lovely 2015, and let's all hope for an even better 2016!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment