Thursday 13 November 2014

2014 Throwback: Graduation


In the spirit of #TBT as this is a new blog I figured I would do some posts about the best bits of 2014 up to now. Obviously one of the biggest moments of the past year was completing my degree and graduating.

I went to the University of Birmingham, and graduated with a 2:1 in International Relations & Political Science. During my time there I fell in love with the university, the city and many lovely people I was lucky enough to meet.


There always seems to a be lot of worry around what you should wear to graduation (I certainly went back and forth many times), however as you can probably see the gown pretty much covers everything anyway. I wore one of my favourite LBD's from Forever 21 which is figure hugging but in a smart way and a pair of amazing red court shoes from Next as a way to inject colour to the outfit, though they weren't super carpeted-stair friendly.


The night before the ceremony me and my family headed to one of my favourite places in Birmingham, The Lost & Found, a really quirky bar/restaurant which does amazing cocktails and is really worth a visit if you're ever in Birmingham.

Looking at these photos has really made me miss Brum all over again! Have you graduated recently? How are you dealing with the post-uni blues?

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment