Saturday 2 January 2016

2016 Resolutions


So, now that I've passed the jaded New Year's Day haze (yesterday's post was scheduled, I was not feeling too fresh), I figured that now is a good time to think about what I want to achieve over the next 12 months.

1. Budget Properly
To some extent I do this anyway, as I'm in the awkward position of having my rent money go out before I get paid, so I always have to essentially half my balance when I get paid so I don't overspend. However, I could probably do with getting a handle on exactly what is going out of my account when so it's not a weird surprise when I check my bank balance at the end of the month.

2. Keep building my very fledgling career
The only thing that makes me a little (lot) anxious about 2016 is that my current work contract expires in the summer and I'm not 100% at the minute about where that will leave me. No matter what happens I want to not let it derail me from continuing to think positively about ~the future~

3. Get more inventive when cooking
I have about 60 recipies saved in my Bloglovin Things to Make collection. And even more in my bookmarks but I've probably only made a fraction of them. I enjoy cooking (most of the time) as a way to unwind after work so I'm eager to get properly into this in 2016. I bought myself a pair of cooking scales with a gift voucher I got for House of Fraser (which is probably a sign that I am getting old) and treated myself to Simply Nigella (because Nigella) so I'm eager for 2016 to be a cooking year.

4. Stress less
One that is definitely easier said than done, but I want to try and be a little bit more calm about life. Whether this is achieved through just being a little kinder to myself, by actually getting into Pilates properly again or embracing the colouring book trend in the evenings is something that I'm not sure about-but I definitely want to be a tad more chilled this year.

5. Read 50 books
This is something I've done every year since 2011. This year I'd like to also be mindful of the Read Harder challenge set by Book Riot, which focuses on expanding your reading horizons.

6. Don't buy any books until March 2016
I have an embarrassing number of unread books in both physical and ebook form and I want to try and nip this in the bud, because I do sometimes get a little overwhelmed when I think about just how many books I have to read. Therefore for the first couple of months I want to just focus on reading the books that I have (March is my birthday month so....)

7. Write in my diary more
This was a resolution from last year that fell by the wayside but I definitely want to do this. I like writing things down so I definitely want to record more things.

8. Keep blogging
This is a relatively (very) quiet part of the internet but I'm enjoying working out what my 'voice' is. I'd like to write a few more posts like my General Election one as well.

Here's to 2016!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. great resolutions! I really don't read enough books and only read on holiday during the summer which I really shouldn't as there are so many good books out there! Good luck in 2016! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete