Saturday 8 August 2015

Clicklist #6


Hello from a surprisingly sunny Birmingham. I've managed to survive my first week in my new job and living alone; although I will admit that my brain is a little fried. I'm also still technically wifi-less, but am very grateful to BT for transforming their phone boxes into wifi hotspots (seriously!). I have a bumper selection of things that I've liked on the internet as I've made my way through my Bloglovin feed; and then some more interesting posts will be forthcoming! 

-Olivia's recipe for Spaghetti Puttanesca might just be what I'm planning on having for dinner tomorrow (and lunch for probably the next four days)

-I normally side-eye blogger collaboration posts if I'm 100% honest, but I really liked Audery's approach which was almost like a photo diary (also she is probably the blogger I've followed for the longest)

-I've spoken before about how much I love the This American Life podcast, but their 4th July episode following one man's migration to the US is amazing

-When I was in Italy I totally fell in love with courgettes (or zucchini) and this Nigella Lawson pasta dish will probably me making it's way into my kitchen

-I really enjoyed Jon Ronson's Them, and his interview with human dustbin Katie Hopkins is pretty great. She's still kind of awful though.

-I really liked what Gizzi Erskine has to say about the 'trend' of clean-eating, she is obviously promoting her book, but at least it appears to have recipes involving actual carbs in it

-Rachel's review of Jackson & Rye has made it shoot up my 'list of places to visit if I find myself in London'

-I hate networking with the passion of a million firey suns. However, it is kind of important especially now that the job market is more competitive than ever. The Financial Diet has some interesting tips.

-Sometimes you read a blogpost that just really speaks to a feeling that you have definitely experienced, and this is one

-I've definitely seen Sketch on Instagram, and I really liked Rose's post about her visit. Although at £30 for afternoon tea it is definitely a little beyond my budget; super pretty though

-Geraldine's post about poking everyone she's friends with on Facebook is initially super funny, and then makes a really lovely point about the internet's ability to connect us

-Refinery 29 published an interesting piece about the changing face of blogging and Hannah also wrote a post on the same subject. This is interesting, but I will admit the more business-based blogs become, the less interested I am in reading them

-Rosie got married (and her wedding look stunning) but her honeymoon to Thailand looks like actual paradise

That's all for now, I'm going to make a cup of tea (my Saturday's are wild)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your new job is going ok :) there's loads of fab links here but I'm definitely going to check out This American Life because I need a new podcast to listen to! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete