Sunday 26 July 2015

Clicklist #5


So remember how I said I was going to make these more frequent and then dropped off the place of the planet.... here's my bumper crop of stuff on the internet that I enjoyed reading/watching and think you would too.

Karlie Kloss has a YouTube channel, and I am 100% on board.



I think I've mentioned Amy in every clicklist ever, but I love her style and this is her Paris lookbook

Peanut butter and chocolate donuts. Need I say more.

Perhaps due to the fact I'm moving soon, I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have. Meg's words on the subject are ace.

15 Things That Will Instantly Fix You

Joy's 7 Rules of Compliment Club

Alexandra Silber is a fantastic actress and also runs a great blog. Her post on 'trusting your struggle' focuses on a career in the arts but has plenty of valuable advice for all of us.

Why 'Real Jobs' are the Most Bullshit Thing About Your 20s

Johann Hari makes some very interesting points about addiction and the way we treat it in this TED talk

Hannah's reflections on a year off her anti-depressants are wonderful

Kate's trip to Barcelona looks perfect

I love Amber's blog and her posts on dumb age rules for fashion, why she's not keen on Facebook anymore and why she loves fashion are all great reads

Back to Hannah's blog, and this excellent post about body confidence

I've wanted to go to Betty's since my North-dwelling uni housemate bought us all a cake from there and Jen's post has only increased that desire.

I just loved Haley's post on women supporting women

Speaking of which, I love Taylor Swift but she had a major misstep in her response to Nicki Minaj's complaints to the VMAs (she felt her video was snubbed); this article does a good job of pointing out the problems that happen when 'feminism' is used to derail valid discussions

Meg's birthday post makes me want to indulge in some serious cocktail drinking (also she looks lovely)

I'm trying to get into eating tomatoes having fallen in love with bruschetta, and this super simple but delicious looking recipe looks like a good place to start.

Amandla Stenberg wrote about black female beauty standards in response to an increasing trend in white female celebrities (well...Karadashian Jenner's) co-opting black women's natural features, which have been shunned for years

How a Tweet Can Ruin Your Life. If you've read anything about Jon Ronson's So You've Been Publicly Shamed, this won't be new but if not watch and be horrified.

Amy

2 comments:

  1. So many great links on here, am going to read them all! Also, I didn't know Karlie Kloss had a YouTube! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad you found them interesting! And yes, it's brand new but I'm excited to see where it goes :) x

      Delete